Masonic Villages/Irem Clubhouse is seeking a Line Cook/Chef. For more than 130 years, the Masonic Villages have been pursuing a vision of excellence to meet the needs of others. The Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill offers continuing care retirement services for more than 250 residents. In the center part of the state, The Masonic Village at Elizabethtown is a continuing care retirement community, including a health care center, children's home and residences for more than 1,700 residents. In the eastern part of the state, The Masonic Village at Warminster provides nursing care and assisted living accommodations for more than 60 residents. To provide services to those living in western Pennsylvania, The Masonic Village at Sewickley is a continuing care retirement community home to 532 residents. To meet the growing need for active adult retirement communities, The Masonic Village at Dallas, our newest community, was founded on March 9, 2005. "We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status, including genetic information."
POSITION TITLE: Line Cook
JOB SUMMARY: The Line Cook is responsible for the presentation and timely processing of each food order.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Cooking experience or training preferred
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent
* Must have demostration Chef / Cooking experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Set up station to the diagram posted in the kitchen.
* Get instructions from the Executive Chef or Sous Chef for your daily tasks.
* Broil, grill, fry and sauté each order according to standardized recipes.
* Ensure proper food handling and sanitation procedures are being followed.
* Prepare attractive, delicious dishes while ensuring that all items on the order are completed and delivered to the window in a timely manner.
* Provide excellent customer service to the wait staff and guests.
* Responsible for all areas of the kitchen in accordance with instructions from the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
* Prepare any special orders that are placed by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or wait staff.
* Complete kitchen tasks such as line setup, food preparation, clean up and breakdown.
* Perform duties as required by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.